Will power is often hard. Everyone knows the basic of losing weight but your will power usually gives in, in the long run, unless you make big lifestyle changes. So how do I make lifestyle changes? Here are some simple changes:
- Drink plenty of water (if you’re a coffee drinker and can’t cut out coffee, try to drink it with less sugar and have mike instead of cream but try to drink more water during the day and less coffee. Here is a tip, buy a case of water and place it under your desk at work. You will find yourself drink more water during the day.
- Eat many small meals during the day (this helps your system to maintain itself throughout the day go but not overloading it). Bring some fruits like oranges or apples or nuts with you and snack on it throughout the day.
- Now how about those things you use to do when you’re younger. Start joining a club that is related, even if it’s not too strenuous it’s ok. Anything to get you away from going home and sitting on the couch and watching TV all the time (and no I didn’t mean going to a bar and drinking with your buddies) Now what if I have kids and just don’t have the time? Find an activity you can do together. Even a walk in your area goes a long way. What you are trying to do is stay active, I know you’re tired after work but just do something, it’s not much more of your time. I got our kids a paper route and I walk with them. Be productive at the same time - is the key!!!
- Pack your lunch – this is a big change but is needed. Fast food most of the time is the killer. If you can’t, don’t order a combo meal then, just order the hamburger etc, and avoid what usually come with it like French fries, chips, and Pop. Just bring your own water. If you can at least do that, you are way ahead of the game.
- Sugar Sugar Sugar, refined Sugar, I believe this is the biggest reason for obesity around the world. Soda Pop is one of the biggest ( I do not buy soda pop anymore, even the diet ones, they are just no good period). Juices, I don’t buy all the time either now. When growing up I was a skinny kid just drink milk all the time. I have gone back to that. I notice once I was older and moved out of the house, I drank Juice and pop most of the time and the amount of sugar daily I must have been having as staggering. IF you can do this and cut out the sugar most of time, you will see the weight magically come off even without exercise.
- Ok and finally….you need to cheat a little and I am not talking about your partner. I usually have my cheat days on the weekends. I will have some sugary stuff or unhealthy food but just don’t go overboard. Have some but not a lot. Though most of the week I am good. This will help you keep all you good habits for the long run.
- There is a number seven? This is everything you already know about losing weight so I am not going into it.
In conclusion, just get out there and start doing other things you enjoy and change some minor eating habits you have. You don’t need to lose like 50 pounds in 2 months like on the biggest loser show. The pound will just come off before you know it.